Table of contents
ENS stands for Ethereum Name Service, a decentralized domain name service built on the Ethereum blockchain. ENS allows users to register and manage domain names that end in ".eth," similar to how traditional domain names on the internet end in ".com" or ".org." ENS domains are stored on the Ethereum blockchain, making them decentralized and resistant to censorship.
The Company in 3 lines
- ENS domains can be used as a more human-readable alternative to Ethereum addresses. Instead of having to remember a long string of numbers and letters, users can use a memorable ENS domain to interact with smart contracts and other Ethereum-based services.
- ENS domains can be controlled by smart contracts, which allows for features such as automatic redirects and auction-based domain name sales.
- ENS domains can be registered using Ethereum's native cryptocurrency, Ether (ETH), and are stored immutably on the Ethereum blockchain, making them resistant to censorship and control.
- Website: https://ens.domains/
- Social Media Profiles: Github, Twitter
- Headquarters: Not specified
- Founding Year: 2017
- Number of Employees: Not specified
Core Team Members:
- Nick Johnson (Founder, Lead developer)
- Alex Van de Sande (Creative Director)
- Dieter Shirley (Lead Smart Contract Engineer)
- Jacob Evans (Product Manager)
ENS Domains is a decentralized domain name service built on the Ethereum blockchain. Its main aim is to make Ethereum addresses more human-readable by allowing users to register and manage domain names that end in ".eth." This allows users to use memorable domain names to interact with smart contracts and other Ethereum-based services rather than having to remember long strings of numbers and letters. With ENS, users can control their domains via smart contracts, which opens up many possibilities, such as automatic redirects and auction-based domain name sales.
The company was founded in 2017, and it has been a pioneer in the field of decentralized domain name services. ENS is an open-source project maintained by a community of developers and contributors. The team behind ENS Domains are experts in the field of blockchain, and they have a deep understanding of the technical and strategic aspects of building decentralized applications. They are also active on GitHub and Twitter, allowing the community to keep track of the development progress and provide feedback. ENS Domains is not specifying the headquarters location and the number of employees. With the help of Ethereum cryptocurrency, Ether (ETH) ENS domains are registered and stored immutably on the Ethereum blockchain, making them resistant to censorship and control.