Table of contents
With new social media platforms coming forth every other day, we're losing our grip on excelling at all the established features.
Instagram (1), Snapchat (2), and Facebook (3) are some of the popular social media platforms filled with n number of features that are seldom fully discovered by their regular users.
Social media marketing (4) has taken over orthodox marketing methods and has given birth to a brand-new social media marketing industry. Have you ever noticed brands and influencers link their products and services on Instagram and wondered how they could do the same?
Shoutout: Check out an awesome Wordpress theme called Astra. Link in bio.
Note: Earlier, only verified accounts had the option of adding links to their Instagram stories, which, however, is not the case now.
How to Add Link to Instagram Story:
- Your Instagram handle must have over 10,000 followers
- Your Instagram handle must be a Business Profile
Method 1: How to Add Link to Instagram Story:
Once you fulfill the conditions required for adding a link to your Instagram story follow the steps given below,
- Launch your Instagram app
- Click on add story option
- Take a picture or record a video or swipe up to upload a predesigned media
- Select the filter of your choice by swiping left & right
- On the top, you'll see a chain link icon
- Click on the link icon
- Click on the add URL option
- Enter the link to be added
- Click on done
- Share your story
- Your viewers will be able to visit the added link by swiping up on your story.
Method 2: How to Add Link to Instagram Story - Alternative
If you have followers under the 10k required count on Instagram, you can still use clever tricks to direct a consumer toward the link.
Follow these steps,
- Create a smart, artsy design for your Instagram story
- Swipe and add the picture to your Instagram story
- Swipe up and use the @mention sticker to add the link to the profile
- Shrink it down to an invisible yet clickable size
- Add bold labels and arrows pointing towards the @mention and ask followers to click at the spot to view a specific product/service/profile.
- Your viewers will be able to visit the profile by clicking on your story
How to Add Link to Instagram Post:
Unlike Instagram stories, adding a link to your Instagram posts doesn't require any minimum follower count. It, however, requires you to have a public Business profile.
- Your Instagram handle must be a public Business profile.
Method 1: How to Add Link to Instagram Post - Paid
As mentioned above, adding a link to your Instagram post might not depend on your followers, but it does come at a price!
Follow these steps to add a product or website link to your Instagram post:
- Launch your Instagram app
- Add the Instagram post as usual
- Once you've added the post to your Instagram, you'll see a Promote option below your post's picture.
- Click on the blue promote button
- You'll be redirected to your Facebook page
- Fill in the promotion requirements like Destination, Audience, Budget
- Add the link on the Action Button
- Click on Create Promotion
Once your promotion request is approved, the audience can visit your website by clicking on the action button below the post. Additionally, you'll be able to gather a more massive fanbase by advertising.
Method 2: How to Add Link to Instagram Post - Free
Don't want to pay to add a link to your Instagram post? We understand; follow this alternative way of leading people to your website via instructions.
Various artists and Instagrammers use this method to direct their visitors to the desired link.
Follow these steps to add a link to your Instagram post,
- Select the photo/video to be added to the Instagram post
- Add the caption and guide your followers to visit the 'Link in bio to visit your website
- Go to your profile
- Click on the Edit profile option
- Under the website head, add the desired link
- Click on done
This might be an unconventional method of directing followers to visit your site, but it's used successfully by thousands of Instagrammers.
These are the only methods you can use to add links to Instagram posts and stories. Still, hopefully, Instagram will find out some more straightforward ways that will enable us to add links directly to our Instagram posts.